Mumbai, December 19
Mumbai Boat Accident Giving an update on the Mumbai boat accident, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation on Thursday said that a total of 105 people were admitted to five different hospitals, of which 90 have been discharged or are in stable condition. The BMC also said that the condition of 2 persons is critical and 13 people have died.
“Search and rescue operations by various agencies, including the Indian Navy, are still ongoing,” the BMC said. An Indian Navy ship lost control while conducting engine trials at Mumbai harbor due to engine failure resulting in the boat colliding with a passenger ferry which later capsized. 4 out of 6 persons on board the navy boat died, while one is seriously injured. According to Indian Navy officials, the boat was carrying around 110 passengers, including 20 children. Earlier on Wednesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi also announced an ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh from the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) to the next of kin of each deceased in the boat accident in Mumbai.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis announced that the families of those killed will be given an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh from the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. – ANI